CO Complaint to Get Your Pet Back + Money Damages


Replevin, Civil Theft, Conversion, and Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress

Format Options

  • Docx
  • Pages
  • PDF


Replevin, Civil Theft, Conversion, and Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress

    1. -Colorado county court complaint for replevin, civil theft, conversion, and intentional infliction of emotional distress
    2. -Replevin is the legal word for “give me back my property.” Unfortunately, pets are property in the US. This template is for people who bought their pet before the relationship or bought the pet independent of the other person.
    3. -Civil theft is what it sounds like: the other person stole your pet either by lying to you, or some other kind of trickery. They don’t have to break into your home to steal your pet for this to apply, but that would also apply. You can get triple damages (triple money) that you spent in trying to get your pet back.
    4. -Conversion is an old school legal word for: give me money for taking my pet from me. It’s kind of like civil theft, but how they got possession of your pet doesn’t matter so much as they took possession and you have a right to have your pet. You can get money for the time the other person had possession of your pet.
    5. -Intentional infliction of emotional distress is the way you ask the court for money for the emotional distress the other person put on you by taking your pet from you.

DISCLAIMER: Your purchase, download, and use of a template(s) does not create an attorney/client relationship between you, your agents, assigns, or representatives and The Animal Law Firm. Each individual situation must be carefully reviewed in order to provide advice specifically tailored to that situation. The information provided here is meant to be general guidance, only, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Have no product in the cart!